Anatomy text

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DKCDO

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What anatomy text do you folks use?

Have you found Netter's, Grant's or a third party more helpful in your journies through medical school. How and why?

thanks

D:clap:

Members don't see this ad.

Netter, Rohen's (Color Atlas/Photos), Moore's, BRS by Chung. All helpful in their own way.

Members don't see this ad :)
Netter, Rohen, and Moore.

Chung has it's fair share of mistakes. If you can pick them out as you are going through it, you don't need the book in the first place.

As a 4th year DO student who TA'd anatomy for two years of med school, as well as did Anatomy research in Human Anatomy in undergrad, as well as taught Anatomy lab, you need:

Moore's Clinical Anatomy. The pocket Moore's will suffice, but for an anatomy dork like me, I like the full size.

I prefer Clemente's Anatomy (White cover) to Netter's. I think the pictures are of superior quality. Netter's is classic and you cannot go wrong with it, but I prefer Clemente.

Also, I cannot remember the name but there is an anatomy picture book of cadaveric models. It is good for some, but I prefer the "perfect" drawings than to sometimes shoddy real pictures.

Q