An Osteopath Almost Killed Me Today!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SawBones

Transcendentalist
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
You know, with all the talk of how dangerous DOs are, I'm starting to think that maybe all these MD-oriented folks are correct. Yes the title of this message is true. Ole SawBones almost became the tragic victim of yet another one of the "DO's Gone Wild" (order the video, only $19.99). This is what happened...

After rounds today, my attending says to me, "Well, today is my day for nursing home rounds. I'll give you a ride if you want." I agreed. So we both get into his car and drive to the nursing home across town. On the way there, his pager goes off about four times. Finally we hit a stoplight and he decides that this would be a good time to call the hospital back. So while we are at this light, he picks up his cellphone and makes the call. At one point he put his head down and started rubbing his eyes. Lost in thought, he must not have noticed that his foot eased off the break pedal. Slowly, our car starts drifting into traffic...

SawBones: "Uh... doc.... ???"

Doc: (on phone) "... transfer her to the ICU, we'll give her pressors ..."

SawBones: "Uh.... doc??"

Doc: "... yeah, that's fine. We'll be back tonight to check ..."

SawBones: *PULLS UP ON EMERGENCY BREAK* (car slams to a halt)

Doc: (hangs up phone) "What!?"

SawBones: "Sorry... we were, uh... drifting a bit."

Doc: "Oh. Thanks."

So you see folks, my DO almost got me killed today! Maybe all that has been posted recently about the dangers of DOs is true. Perhaps not only can we not diagnosis some nutjob with tuberculosis, but apparently we can't drive for s**t either!

Wow... eye opening. Maybe I should have become an MD. Rumor has it that they have to be able to spout the differential diagnosis of hemoptysis while simultaneously parallel parking an El Camino. I wonder if I could handle such academic intensity, though.

Members don't see this ad.

Call my office to set up a free consultation regarding your case. With my expertise in Osteopathic vehicular malpractice law, and your obvious emotional distress, we could stand to make millions!

Remember, if he does not brake, you have a case!

p.s. - Time is of the essence. There has been a rumor of tort reform and we need to bank this before the cash register shuts. Also, i think I can get an MD who is also a Driver's Ed. instructor to testify.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's DOs like your friend there that are responsible for the outrageous cost of malpractice insurance in Pennsylvania.

I have a brother who goes to a DO school, first year, he came home on winter break and tried this HVLA thing on me. He almost killed me with that.