Amsus & Mmsa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iwakuni_doc

Emergency-a-Go-Go
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to point out a couple of organizations which can be very beneficial for you to be apart of as a military medical student/resident.

AMSUS - Association of Military Surgeons of United States. This is a national organization of military physicians with memberships available to HPSP/USUHSmedical students for only $15/year. Members get the monthly Military Medicine journal & are eligible to attend the annual conferences which can be quite good for networking early on - I went as a 4th year & was the only little butter-bar med student there...great experience.

MMSA - Military Medical Student Association. This is the web-site for the national association at USUHS, but if you don't have a local chapter at your school - try & start one up. We got one going at KU Med while I was there. It's not only a nice little bullet to put on your CV/applications, but it's a great way to network & coordinate activities like tours to local bases, trips to rifle/pistol ranges, guest speakers, etc. If your school provides funding to student groups, you might also be able to put together some nice functions or send a rep to the AMSUS convention (how I got to go).

Just a couple of ideas...

Members don't see this ad.