American Grad looking for a Position Anywhere

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AGoodDoc84

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

Im an American Graduate of an American Med School. I have passed USMLE steps I, II, and III. On all exams, i got in the 217-220 range. I have multiple letters of recommendation and am well published.

I left my residency program so that I could apply and match in a different field. The difference between myself and a few other applicants on here is that I left in good standing, for personal reasons without any professional consequences to myself or license. I have multiple letters from attendings I worked with in my current residency attesting to my knowledge base and professionalism as a resident.

However, things have been "uphill" unfortunately due to the time at which I applied and my resignation from my current program. When people get to know me and read my LOR's most are convinced that I am a diligent, capable resident.

I would be interested in any position in any program without regards to subspecialty. Please do not hesitate to contact me,

-AGoodDoc84

Members don't see this ad.

I am a little confused... you left your residency to match in a different field, and now you are asking for any postion in any field? Usually residents who apply to another field of medicine have some preference. You were better offer doing a swap with someone rather then leaving your program and applying and trying to match again. Do have any preferences? I may know of a Neurology/PM&R opening.

Yes. I left my residency, completed interviews, but am unmatched. Hence the reason why I would take anything. I would be interested to know about the positions you mentioned. I sent a PM.

If anyone has any other suggestions/options I would be open to them