AMCAS GPA conversion for UWO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hi everyone, I'm at Western (UWO) for undergrad, thinking of applying to US med schools (Wayne State interests me the most right now). I've heard that 80% and above from UWO converts to 4.0 on the AMCAS scale but then I saw this chart: https://www.aamc.org/students/download/181676/data/amcas_grade_conversion_guide.pdf

Which scale would UWO use? Some people have verified that 4.0 = 80+ but I'm not sure how true that is. Can anyone help me out? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Verified, I went to uwo, applied last cycle. 80+= 4.0
70-79.9=3.0 and so on . For concrete proof the conversion chart is on the back of official transcripts from uwo. Nothing to worry about

70-79.9=3.0 and so on . For concrete proof the conversion chart is on the back of official transcripts from uwo. Nothing to worry about
OMFG I wish my school conversion was 80+ = 4.0, I would basically have a 4.0 GPA :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it like this for most Canada-->US conversion? I'm from ontario, so would all of my grades at A- or above be 4.0's in the states?

I don't know if this is true...
I'm a Western student and on my application last year only courses where I got 90%+ were considered "As" and gave me a 4.0 GPA. A lot of my courses were within the 85-89% range, and were all verified as "Bs" and given 3.0s or 3.3s which really hurt my overall GPA. I didn't even notice the discrepancy until now, so I'm not sure if I added my grades incorrectly or something.
Any insight on this?