AMCAS Fee Assistance Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hi everyone,
I want to apply to possibly get fee assistance for my AMCAS application. I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not I will be unable to submit my application before I get accepted if the fee assistance is under review. Also, does anyone know how long the review takes?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,
I want to apply to possibly get fee assistance for my AMCAS application. I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not I will be unable to submit my application before I get accepted if the fee assistance is under review. Also, does anyone know how long the review takes?
Thanks!

You can submit, but you’ll have to pay full price and IIRC, they don’t do retroactive refunds.

And 1 week is pretty standard (or less)

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone,
Thanks!

No - you must have been approved for FAP before paying any money. They do not retroactively return any fees. Review times vary, but I'm sure they are busy right now.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can submit, but you’ll have to pay full price and IIRC, they don’t do retroactive refunds.

And 1 week is pretty standard (or less)
You do not think they would prevent me form applying if it took too long and wanted to apply before they reviewed my request (I know I will not get any reimbursement)

No - you must have been approved for FAP before paying any money. They do not retroactively return any fees. Review times vary, but I'm sure they are busy right now.
Do you mean I will not be able to even pay full price if I applied for the program and the review time took longer than expected? Meaning I will not be able to apply until the review is completed? Again, I do realize I won't get a reimbursement.
I just do not want to get "trapped" and not be able to submit my app once my request is in review. Or is that not a thing they do?

Do you mean I will not be able to even pay full price if I applied for the program and the review time took longer than expected? Meaning I will not be able to apply until the review is completed? Again, I do realize I won't get a reimbursement.
I just do not want to get "trapped" and not be able to submit my app once my request is in review. Or is that not a thing they do?

You can absolutely apply while waiting. But if you’re for sure going to be approved, I’d wait.