Am I too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctor1234

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi people,
I am a FMG with scores in 90s and as I mentioned earlier, I failed my CS, which I have retaken and expecting my result in December. I applied to around 50 programs but no interview calls yet. Do you guys think that I should apply to some more programs or just lose hope and get geared for the next year. Plz reply. I have applied in Internal Medicine....Till what time of the year do they keep sending interview calls?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi people,
I am a FMG with scores in 90s and as I mentioned earlier, I failed my CS, which I have retaken and expecting my result in December. I applied to around 50 programs but no interview calls yet. Do you guys think that I should apply to some more programs or just lose hope and get geared for the next year. Plz reply. I have applied in Internal Medicine....Till what time of the year do they keep sending interview calls?

I think you should have applied to more program than 50.
Did you apply to some community prorgam????, as a back.
It might be little late to apply to more programs, however you can check with specific program.
I am sure, you will be very strong candidate in scramble, if you don't get match.
Good Luck!

Hi people,

I hate to say it... but chances are you are too late... best you could is update the programs when your CS comes out and they need to struggle to find an interview spot if they want you....

Your problem is not that you dont qualify... your problem is that most interview spots will be taken by then.

Maybe you may be too late but maybe not. Some programs are just starting to review apps and sending interviews. Such as pennsylvania hosp (Philly) which i hear is good to IMG, and was waiting for nov 1st. i don't know but i'd find out before giving up. Good luck

Thank you so much people. I guess, I will apply some more community based programs where deadline for receiving applications is dec/jan. .. and then wait and watch..

verify each program independently, alot of the IM programs have deadlines for Dec and some of them for Jan. So go into FREIDA and go program by program looking at which have deadlines in those two months.

Some programs have deadlines in Nov,so go check it out.