Am I too late???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jonhkim1

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! guys, I applied on Sept. I haven't heard anything from most schools that I applied, except BU.

Members don't see this ad.

My friend applied in September last year. She had plenty of acceptances in her hand by the end of January. Remember that even though people may receive many acceptances, they can only attend one school! Once people start withdrawing their applications, spots will open up.

jonhkim1 said:
Hi! guys, I applied on Sept. I haven't heard anything from most schools that I applied, except BU.

I wouldn't worry too much, I applied in September too and I've heard from about half the schools about interviews. I guess it sorta depends on how many you applied to, because some schools (*cough*columbia and temple*cough) are mad slow. I think around Sept. is also when schools were getting the most swamped w/apps. I wouldn't fret, things will pick up soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
By the way, what is you AADSAS#? Or does anyone know what the count is so far?

jonhkim1 said:

jonhkim1 said:

September is not too late, but you should be well aware of the time-frame *many* schools are operating on.

Right now they have sent out acceptances, the bulk of which are not due to pay deposits until January 15. So, in theory, schools may not know what portion of those acceptances will matriculate until January 15.

Then, they will send out another round of acceptances, which will probably consist of people they have already interviewed (and perhaps some that they are currently interviewing). These peeps have until February 15 to pay deposits, and so in theory, schools may not know until February 15 how full their classes will be after these two rounds of acceptances.

Somewhere in all of this mess, your schools will decide if and when they need to interview more students in order to send out more acceptances. That's when you'll enter the game and, hopefully, be added to their acceptance list.

Keep your head up, you'll hear from them eventually! :)

jonhkim1 said:

"Anything" as in secondary applications, interview invites, or acceptances? If "anything" has to do with the first two items listed above then I would call or email those schools and make sure that your application is in good order - just to be safe.

I agree that you should probably call if you haven't even heard about an interview invite. I applied on October 9, and schools are FINALLY starting to process my application and give me secondaries...i'm guessing that if you sent it in before me, as in september, and still have heard nothing, there might be a problem.

jonnytight said:
By the way, what is you AADSAS#? Or does anyone know what the count is so far?
my aadsas # is 5054!!!!
I applied to NYU, Temple, Marquette, BU and Nova. The supplemental applicatoins were sent. Do I have to wait until Jan.? I just got one interview invitation from BU (march).

GPA (3.14), Science (3.04)
AA/PA/TS (19/18/19) -RC is too low (13)

jessUMD said:
I agree that you should probably call if you haven't even heard about an interview invite. I applied on October 9, and schools are FINALLY starting to process my application and give me secondaries...i'm guessing that if you sent it in before me, as in september, and still have heard nothing, there might be a problem.

i'm so scared now!! my application is in the #7500's... they still haven't processed it yet. i sent it on nov. 11 :-(

so i guess i shouldnt expect to get 2ndaries/interview invites till January...?

cristal said:
i'm so scared now!! my application is in the #7500's... they still haven't processed it yet. i sent it on nov. 11 :-(

it depends how long it takes AADSAS to send it out. it would be really sweet if you heard from schools in january--it would mean they processed your app as soon as it landed in their hot little hands. it's hard to say, since the processing time might speed up now that the first wave has happened. i submitted to AADSAS oct 9, it was SUPPOSEDLY sent out on nov 17, although some schools didn't receive it until last week. and, i got my first interview invite today (yay!). it is hard to gauge when they will contact you, because sometimes they process it right away, and sometimes they will keep you under the "re-review" pile until march.
how are your stats?

jessUMD said:
. and, i got my first interview invite today (yay!).

Congrats!! always nice to hear good news :)

Guys I'm hesitating on this. My file at UOP is comleted and in review, so I wonder if it's necessary for me to send an extra letter from my bio teacher, will they look at it when they've already have three letters. Thanks for any input. (if it's better, even a little, I would do it)

cristal said:

I'd say it will probably be a while after that. You might get secondaries in January, but I wouldn't count on any interview invites coming then. AND, remember that if an invite does come, it will probably be for March or April. All of this depends on the school, of course.

You also need to be aware of the school deadlines for secondaries. My school, for example, has a January 15 deadline.

My app arrived at the schools in first week of December. I have received secondary app from UCSF and UCLA last week; Arizona and Loma Linda this week. My app is under review at UOP and USC. Have not heard anything else from UW and Oregon. Maybe my stats don't qualify me for an out-state candidate. Hope it helps.

Profchaos said:
Guys I'm hesitating on this. My file at UOP is comleted and in review, so I wonder if it's necessary for me to send an extra letter from my bio teacher, will they look at it when they've already have three letters. Thanks for any input. (if it's better, even a little, I would do it)

I think it's worth doing, especially if the letter is an awesome rec. UOP's webtool thing allows for 5 recs, so I would assume they look at all of them. You should be able to just fax it to them.

jessUMD said:
it depends how long it takes AADSAS to send it out. it would be really sweet if you heard from schools in january--it would mean they processed your app as soon as it landed in their hot little hands. it's hard to say, since the processing time might speed up now that the first wave has happened. i submitted to AADSAS oct 9, it was SUPPOSEDLY sent out on nov 17, although some schools didn't receive it until last week. and, i got my first interview invite today (yay!). it is hard to gauge when they will contact you, because sometimes they process it right away, and sometimes they will keep you under the "re-review" pile until march.
how are your stats?
luder98 said:
My app arrived at the schools in first week of December. I have received secondary app from UCSF and UCLA last week; Arizona and Loma Linda this week. My app is under review at UOP and USC. Have not heard anything else from UW and Oregon. Maybe my stats don't qualify me for an out-state candidate. Hope it helps.

thanks, that's really helpful! now i know not to wait around my mailbox all of january like i was planning...

my stats...

DAT: (AA/TS/PA): 21/20/18
GPA: 3.22, but not sure how AADSAS calculates it. Science around 3.

congrats on getting your first interview!

I don't know how much this will help you, but...I applied really really late last year (December 25, how fun). What I did was (when the schools open up again after the holiday break) called the schools and asked if I could print out my AADSAS application complete with official transcripts and overnight/fax the information to them for early consideration. Some schools allowed me to do it, some didn't. But don't worry, you guys will get in somewhere.

Good luck.