am i still okay grade wise?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prettypinklemon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi im new here. i have taken majority of the science classes that are required and i was happy with all my grades in those classes. i just recently got one C in biochem. my current gpa is 3.6. is having one C bad? do i have a chance in optometry school if i have a high oat score? responses would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

No, having one C is not bad. I had Cs in two science classes which aren't that important and Cs in both physics (I retook and got an A). One C seriously isn't a big deal at all plus biochem is a hard class. Your GPA is still high and with a high oat score or even average score you should be able to get into any school

Hi im new here. i have taken majority of the science classes that are required and i was happy with all my grades in those classes. i just recently got one C in biochem. my current gpa is 3.6. is having one C bad? do i have a chance in optometry school if i have a high oat score? responses would be greatly appreciated.
I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but are you serious?? One C is not going to hurt you. You're GPA looks great and if you do well on the OAT, you'll get in no problems. Have some shadowing experience as well.

Gosh, I have a few C's, what should I say??

Welcome to the boards by the way... :)

Anything can happen..but I'd say for the most part you are OK with a C. As long as you get >300 on your OAT.