Am I ready for the DAT science section??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

makwendo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll never feel ready for the DAT but....here's my scores from the kaplan science section of the final exam

Bio-21
Chem-18
Orgo-20
TS-20

These have been scaled according to the Barrons table....i'm looking for 20+ on the actual which is on the 21st, should i be concerned?...or am i in decent shape as long as i keep up the studying momentum??

Members don't see this ad.

makwendo said:
I'll never feel ready for the DAT but....here's my scores from the kaplan science section of the final exam

Bio-21
Chem-18
Orgo-20
TS-20

These have been scaled according to the Barrons table....i'm looking for 20+ on the actual which is on the 21st, should i be concerned?...or am i in decent shape as long as i keep up the studying momentum??

I think those are great practice scores. You are definitely ready by the 21. My practice scores are 18s and 19s, and I got 25 Total science on the real thing. Hope that helps!

makwendo said:

Bio-21
Chem-18
Orgo-20
TS-20

yeah id say your ready too.. i was scoring in the low 20s for bio and orgo and 19s-20s for chem but don't worry about it too much because kaplan prepares you well for the orgo and gen chem sections.. i had a lot of genetic questions on the actual exam that weren't in the kaplan book so watch out for that.. gluck! :)

those scores are great, but make sure you read other materials besides kaplan for bio. as a nonscience major, i felt kaplan's bio was lacking compared to the actual test.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks food4thots....I think my weakest area in bio is the ecology/ classification area which I'm using every external source i can find. I'm a bio graduate student so I've had plenty of high level cell bio and physio beyond the scope of the DAT...still, I tread lightly and im trying not to be overconfident and have it whoop my a$$ if you know what i mean!

i just took my DAT on monday and was getting about the same scores. My real DAT scores were about the same, except the last week I freaked out about bio and that's all i studied, so i scored 1 point lower in chem. Orgo and bio were easy, my both going up 2-3 points from practice tests. I didn't put any time into math as i thought it was my strong point...i ended up not knowing any of the trig and ran out of time on 3-4 other questions in that section which brought my AA down. If i were you I would make sure you can do and understand every practice problem in chem and make sure you know math really well and you'll def. score above a 20. Don't listen to people who say you need to go outside of kaplan for bio, because really it was a huge waste of my time... I had one classification question and it was a joke. good luck.