Am I in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Crushage

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I interviewed at IU a few weeks ago and a couple days later got an e-mail from them saying I was accepted to the school but they are full and would be placed on the alternate list. The alternates are to be ranked on March 29th.

Then, I got a letter from the school yesterday, signed by the Dean saying, "Congratulations you have been accepted... We look forward to seeing you in the fall...here is your student ID number... It said nothing about being an alternate. I am confused and not sure if this means I am in or not. I will call the school tommorrow but I wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts before I call.

Members don't see this ad.

Crushage said:
Hi. I interviewed at IU a few weeks ago and a couple days later got an e-mail from them saying I was accepted to the school but they are full and would be placed on the alternate list. The alternates are to be ranked on March 29th.

Then, I got a letter from the school yesterday, signed by the Dean saying, "Congratulations you have been accepted... We look forward to seeing you in the fall...here is your student ID number... It said nothing about being an alternate. I am confused and not sure if this means I am in or not. I will call the school tommorrow but I wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts before I call.

Congratulations

Members don't see this ad :)
Yah your in... They prolly had a couple ppl not accept already and just moved you straight into the open spot. Congrats!!!

as an IU student myself, i don't think that letter means anything. Every accepted student gets that letter, including an id, they will still put you on the wait list, and good chances are you will get in. So don't worry, and just relax.

yeah but if i am on the wait list it could be near the bottom of the list which is why i worry :scared:

thanks for the input all

well, from past years the class fills in early april, so this is early. My guess is that you are at the top of the waitlist. Just relax and don't worry too much

optometry06 said:
well, from past years the class fills in early april, so this is early. My guess is that you are at the top of the waitlist. Just relax and don't worry too much

you were right i am still an alternate. thx for the encouragement but its not so easy!

you are in!! r u ******ed or sumthin? you got an acceptance letter saying you are in. just how did u get into opt school?

cvpmvp33 said:
you are in!! r u ******ed or sumthin? you got an acceptance letter saying you are in. just how did u get into opt school?

Actually, if you read the previous post you would see that I am NOT in. I called and talked to the admissions director and the Dean and they both told me that everyone gets that letter (even alternates). I think it was a crappy way for them to inform me of my status but oh well.

I see you are applying to Dental school. Hopefully, for the sake of society, you don't get accepted anywhere.

I see you are applying to Dental school. Hopefully, for the sake of society, you don't get accepted anywhere.[/QUOTE]

come on now, that was a bit harsh now wasnt it?

Crushage said:

That is tough Crushage! I understand. After I interviewed at PCO, they sent a letter too. I was thinking it was telling my final fate. My heart was racing and I was nervous, but it was a letter thanking me for coming for an interview :rolleyes: which I appreciate of course, but just makes waiting that much more frustrating. You think the next correspondence from them will tell you yes or no. Just hang in there like me and hopefully we will get the answer we are looking for!