Am I in trouble?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ugh..

Reaction score
I took the DAT for a second time this week and got a 20 AA. My first dat, I got a 17aa on the dat and three 16. The 16s turned into 20, 18,17. I also had 6 points improvement with my reading score and 2 points for the math/PAT.

I applied to a whopping 30 schools, and everything else is ready to go since June. I know I am late in the cycle, and I have a 3.28 GPA. Am I completely in trouble or do I have a chance?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Awesome progress with the DAT man.

I think you aren’t going to get any love this cycle. Fax your unofficial DAT to the schools that will accept it and keep calling them to establish interest. If you got everything verified in June except for the DAT you might have a shot.

I took the DAT for a second time this week and got a 20 AA. My first dat, I got a 17aa on the dat and three 16. The 16s turned into 20, 18,17. I also had 6 points improvement with my reading score and 2 points for the math/PAT.

I applied to a whopping 30 schools, and everything else is ready to go since June. I know I am late in the cycle, and I have a 3.28 GPA. Am I completely in trouble or do I have a chance?

Congratulations on the big improvement, I would call the schools you feel you have the greatest opportunity to get an interview and ask them.

Can you please give a breakdown of all your scores. What is your science GPA and are you a traditional student?

Nancy

Congratulations on the big improvement, I would call the schools you feel you have the greatest opportunity to get an interview and ask them.

Can you please give a breakdown of all your scores. What is your science GPA and are you a traditional student?

Nancy

Bio 18
Chem 20
Orgo 17
Reading 25
Math 18
PAT 20

Science GPA 3.3

I am pretty much a traditional student. I graduated slightly early, did an internship, and then some postbac classes. I feel like I have a decent story and have done many different extra extracurriculars for quite a few years. I submitted the unofficial scores to the places I could.

Also what should kind of things should I say when I call without being a nuisance since I know this is obviously a busy time

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Bio 18
Chem 20
Orgo 17
Reading 25
Math 18
PAT 20

Science GPA 3.3

I am pretty much a traditional student. I graduated slightly early, did an internship, and then some postbac classes. I feel like I have a decent story and have done many different extra extracurriculars for quite a few years. I submitted the unofficial scores to the places I could.

Also what should kind of things should I say when I call without being a nuisance since I know this is obviously a busy time
I don't consider it being a nuisance, sometimes you have to be assertive to get things answered. If it is possible I tell students to get dressed like you are going to an interview and go in person. You might just get to speak to someone. Because your scores and GPA are a little on the lower side you need to get someone to give you direct answers. You do not need me or anyone on SDN to sugar coat it or give you false hope.

All schools have different criteria. You have put in a lot of work and effort, you even did postbacc classes to prove you are serious. But the one that holds the key to an interview is the schools, so you must go to them.

Wishing you the best and I do hope I answered your questions.

My 2 cents...Nancy