Medical Am I doing enough for the summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Staff member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So this summer I was planning on doing an EMT course, but unfortunately they're all filled up. So for the summer, I'm volunteering with my EMT squad (uncertified) for about 12 hours a week, doing some research with my lab, and doing some volunteering with the homeless. Is this enough to be doing during the summer? I feel like I should be doing more clinical stuff? I'm applying in 2 years and next summer I wanted to study for the MCAT, so I wanted to get most of my EC's done by then. I constantly feel like I'm not doing enough. I have 50 hours of shadowing, and 60 hours of clinical volunteering, around 100 hours of virtual non-clinical volunteering, and a couple hundred hours of research. What do I need to do this summer?

EDIT: I am deciding on doing a part-time Medical Assistant job. Would that be a good addition?
Describe what you would be doing as a MA.

Members don't see this ad.

Taking vitals, bringing patients in, basic paperwork. Nothing fancy.
You need more clinical hours. If you are interacting with patients as an EMT you can get this...or you can get this through this MA job. The main thing is that you get these patient contact hours.

Members don't see this ad :)
Status
Not open for further replies.