Am I competitive enough?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bluejay77

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you think of my odds of getting accepted are?

Cumulative GPA: 3.3

Science GPA: 3.0

PCAT: 84th percentile, only attempt

Experience: EMT for a Summer, Certified Pharm Tech for 2 years, worked in a clinical lab at Mayo Clinic, Rochester for a Summer.

Leadership: Academic chairman and Philanthropy chairman for my social fraternity.

Volunteer: Required to log at least 20 hours a year for the Fraternity so about 80 hours of various work.

Letters: Two from pharmacists, one from a Chem professor and one from a Bio professor.

Degree: B.S. in Biomedicine with a minor in Chemistry (December 2017)

I've only applied to Minnesota and felt as though I killed my interview. But will look around the Midwest if I don't get in!

Members don't see this ad.

Your academic record looks good!!. The only advice I would give is to apply to at least 3 schools. More and more people keep applying to Pharmacy school despite the saturation, so schools are more likely to be selective as time goes.

Your academic record looks good!!. The only advice I would give is to apply to at least 3 schools. More and more people keep applying to Pharmacy school despite the saturation, so schools are more likely to be selective as time goes.

Thank you! Money is the issue right now, I should hear back from Minnesota by November 1st. It's about $110 to apply for each school so I figured I'd save some money before applying to additional schools!

Members don't see this ad :)
Your stats are gr8, I think you have a good chance.