Altius MCAT FL removed my highlights when I paused my test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stressdpremed

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I received accommodations (1.5x time and stop the clock breaks) and took the Altius FL 1 yesterday. When I paused my test in the middle of the exam and returned, all of my highlights and my crossed out on answer choices disappeared. Has anyone experienced this and if so, how did you fix it? It was so hard for me to check my answers and refer back to the passages without my highlights. I know I could've done better on the FL if my highlights didn't disappear.

Members don't see this ad.

I’m confused. I admit that I’m old and I realize that “accommodations” are given more and more in todays age in elementary and high school. But do they now actually give some people 50% more time and extra breaks on the MCAT too? Does that also happen with board exams?

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m confused. I admit that I’m old and I realize that “accommodations” are given more and more in todays age in elementary and high school. But do they now actually give some people 50% more time and extra breaks on the MCAT too? Does that also happen with board exams?
At a recent presentation by AMCAS we were told that only about 1 1/2 % used accommodations on the MCAT

While I agree that there has been a propensity for k-12 and many colleges to bend around student requests, I can assure you that AAMC is amazing at the screening process and if anything, can be perceived as not generous enough. If someone actually gets accommodations on the MCAT, the amount of effort they put in to get their paperwork in order was a huge price to pay.

Also, AAMC has been doing extended time for many, many years, including when you took the MCAT. It's just that no one openly spoke about it then. Nowadays there is much more comfort in telling the people around you that you need assistance.

Last edited by a moderator: