Alloted Time For Destroyer 2017, Math Destroyer 2017 and Bootcamp?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
E

EntrepreneurialDentist

Hi guys, I'm nearing the end of my review stage and will start practice questions soon. I may reschedule my test date based on everyone's input (I'd like to pay the $25 reschedule fee as opposed to the $65). How many weeks is sufficient to go through all the materials in DAT Destroyer (2017), Math Destroyer (2017) and BC? Additionally, do you recommend going through them more than once?

DAT Destroyer (2017): 336 OCHEM ?'s, 378 GCHEM ?'s, 627 BIO ?'s
Math Destroyer (2017): 18 test (40 ?'s each) --> will probably only go through 10 max
BC: All Subject Tests 6-10 & Full Length Tests 1-5

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends on your own pace.
DAT Destroyer: definitely go through it more than once (although I only did this for the bio section and not the others lol). I did the bio section twice, it is easy to answer the questions but it takes the most time to review the answers. Give it like 2 weeks to go through & review just the bio section once. Second time shouldn't be more than a couple days. Don't have any advice for GC (only did 100 questions) or OC (didn't do many).
Math Destroyer: I only did this once, I took two timed tests a day and finished it in ~9 days (didn't do test 18). After each test, I reviewed the ones I missed/guessed on. Try to do all of them, but skip 11 & 12 (I don't feel like they're representative or even similar to the other 16 tests).
BC: I started with the subject tests first because I thought I was going to take the full-lengths, but I ended up not doing any. So, I just did almost all the subject tests for bio and a couple for the rest of the subjects. I'd say you should allot like 2-3 weeks to get through all of BC. Only did each test once.

tl;dr: Destroyer- about a month total for Bio, GC, OC (don't do QR)
Math Destroyer- ~10 days
BC- about 2-3 weeks.

TIP: I did Destroyer before I attempted BC, because I used Destroyer as a learning tool and then BC to test my knowledge, and I think this helped me greatly- it may or may not work well for you.

Hope this helps :)

Reactions: 1 user
It depends on your own pace.
DAT Destroyer: definitely go through it more than once (although I only did this for the bio section and not the others lol). I did the bio section twice, it is easy to answer the questions but it takes the most time to review the answers. Give it like 2 weeks to go through & review just the bio section once. Second time shouldn't be more than a couple days. Don't have any advice for GC (only did 100 questions) or OC (didn't do many).
Math Destroyer: I only did this once, I took two timed tests a day and finished it in ~9 days (didn't do test 18). After each test, I reviewed the ones I missed/guessed on. Try to do all of them, but skip 11 & 12 (I don't feel like they're representative or even similar to the other 16 tests).
BC: I started with the subject tests first because I thought I was going to take the full-lengths, but I ended up not doing any. So, I just did almost all the subject tests for bio and a couple for the rest of the subjects. I'd say you should allot like 2-3 weeks to get through all of BC. Only did each test once.

tl;dr: Destroyer- about a month total for Bio, GC, OC (don't do QR)
Math Destroyer- ~10 days
BC- about 2-3 weeks.

TIP: I did Destroyer before I attempted BC, because I used Destroyer as a learning tool and then BC to test my knowledge, and I think this helped me greatly- it may or may not work well for you.

Hope this helps :)
This was super helpful. Thank you so much! :)

Reactions: 1 user