Albany Med vs Chicago Med

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1123321

Trying to choose between the two - which one would you guys rather attend? Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Solution
Keep in mind that Chicago med does not have an associated hospital, is not in Chicago proper, and you'll have to travel at least 40 minutes or more to get to rotation sites. Given that, a school with an associated hospital would be my choice
Keep in mind that Chicago med does not have an associated hospital, is not in Chicago proper, and you'll have to travel at least 40 minutes or more to get to rotation sites. Given that, a school with an associated hospital would be my choice

Solution
I would reach out to med students at both schools and interview them. Chicago is a much bigger city which most likely means more opportunities and connections for residency.
Chicago med, contrary to its name, isn't in Chicago itself (50 minute - 1 hr commute from the city) and lacks a hospital. OP may have an easier time networking at Albany due to the school having an at home hospital.