Alabama State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey!
School: Auburn University Exercise Science
GPA: 3.45
GRE: 300
I have over 150 hours of volunteer shadowing in three different settings.
I've worked through college and was in a service sorority so lots of volunteer work too and other extracurricular activities. Anything else?
What about y'all?

Last edited:
School: UAB
GPA: 3.63
GRE: 303
I have over 150 observation hours.
I also worked through college. I am in a sorority that is very committed to our philanthropy. I am also a part of other extracurricular activities.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow yall should definitely get in!
School: Auburn University
Major: exercise science
GPA:3.3
GRE: 295
Observation Hours: 100 unpaid in three different settings
Extracurricular: Project Uplift and College of Education ambassador (would have more but I work 30-35 hours a week )

Let me know when y'all hear something I'm on pins and needles lol

Yeah I talked to an distant and they said we should hear something this week. So hopefully she knows what she is talking about lol

School: Jacksonville State University
Major: Exercise Science/Kinesiology
cGPA:3.44
Pre-req GPA: 3.4 (Chem I killed it lol)
Last 60: 3.6-3.7
GRE: 292
Observation Hours: 2,000 paid hours, and around 160 in unpaid hours in three other settings.
Extracurricular: Too many things to name lol.

Anyways, I know a few students who have been accepted in the past two years, and their GPA and GRE scores were the same as mine or lower. I have 1-2 pre-req's left. That is the only thing that I can think would hold me back :(

Last edited:
I just called and pretty sure I talked to a student worker. But they said that the admissions committee is still working on contacting people. When I asked if we would know soon she just said yeah. So that's all I have. Haha.

Slowly losing hope. At this point, a no would put my mind at ease.

Same. I've just started looking for a decent job during the off year and hope I'll get in next time.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called today. I asked if the class was full or if the committee was still in the process of making phone calls. They are still calling people.

Did they say the time frame of when they're going to let everyone know the final decisions? At least it's good that they're still making calls!

She said "very soon." She said unless you get a notification from the committee, it could be anytime between now and whenever. It's looking like we will be waiting until next week.

Yup... I emailed to see what number I am on the wait list. I think they can give out information now.

Wait. So even if we got the rejection email we could still be on the wait list?

Oh... Wait. I thought everyone received the same email. Mine had a lot of jibber jabber, and then it stated this " However, your application has been placed on the alternate list from which applicants will be selected if a position in the Class of 2019 becomes availabe prior to the start of classes fall 2016." Or you may have received the same one.

.... Wait what does it mean if we didn't get the email
They sent it pretty late yesterday. It was around 4:30 or so. Me and one of my friends both got the email. So I tried to call to see where I was on the list, and the lady said I would get a call Monday about it.

I got the rejection email too. I'm pretty sure they sent out a wait list email and rejection email. Guess I will try again next year.

I figured they would place everyone on a wait list. But I am trying to prepare for next year, finish pre-reqs, and figure out the best places to apply to. Good luck to everyone!

.... Wait what does it mean if we didn't get the email
I found out some information that may help you. If you receive an email about being considered an alternate, it is a good thing. There are currently 15 of us on the alternate list. So we still have a shot. I hope you get the email.

I found out some information that may help you. If you receive an email about being considered an alternate, it is a good thing. There are currently 15 of us on the alternate list. So we still have a shot. I hope you get the email.
Yeah I called today and she said they are still contacting accepted applicants and that I could be in any of the 3 categories so it's still a waiting game for me.

Yeah I called today and she said they are still contacting accepted applicants and that I could be in any of the 3 categories so it's still a waiting game for me.
I can't believe they are still contacting the accepted students. I'm just curious to why there are only 15 people on the wait list. I'm hoping I will get a chance to come off of the list lol. But I hope you hear good news!

Nothing yet. Lol they're just messing with my sanity now.
I would call and see if they had any recent information. I feel as if they should have already given you some type of information. They have been very helpful lately since I am on the wait list. The only thing they can't share is what # I am on the list. Hopefully you will hear something very soon.

I had the chance to talk with Mrs. Watkins again today. She said there are still 15 of us that are on the alternate list. So apparently there hasn't been any movement on the acceptance list.

Hello everyone i am new to this forum has anyone heard anything new? I was accepted to asu about a month ago and i would love to meet my new classmates :)

Hello everyone i am new to this forum has anyone heard anything new? I was accepted to asu about a month ago and i would love to meet my new classmates :)
I haven't heard anything new. :bang: I'm still on the alternate list and waiting to hear good/bad news. Have they offered you a tour of the school since you have been accepted?

I did my undergrad. At asu so I'm already familiar with the campus

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hi there!!!!

I've been dying to get in touch with future classmates! Do you think a Facebook page will eventually be started?

I'm not sure if there is anyone else that is currently on the alternate list, if so, have you heard any news?