Program-Specific Info / Q's Alabama state and central Arkansas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OTdream09

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been asked to interview at Alabama state or university of central Arkansas?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone been asked to interview at Alabama state or university of central Arkansas?

I received a letter inviting me for an interview in the mail today for UCA.

No, I haven't heard anything back from Alabama State either

Members don't see this ad :)
When I asked about the timeframe, I was told that invitations to interview would be going out mid-March for April interviews. Hang in there - just a few more days and we should be hearing something! :)

Just received an interview invite via email to Alabama State!

Honestly, no idea. I applied to so many schools that at this point I will worry about tuition only if I get an acceptance letter! lol! :confused:

Honestly, no idea. I applied to so many schools that at this point I will worry about tuition only if I get an acceptance letter! lol! :confused:
Congrats on your interviews! I am applying to Alabama state next year and was just wondering if you two would mind sharing your stats so I can get an idea of what the first round of cuts looks like. Thanks so much and good luck on the interview!

Congrats on your interviews! I am applying to Alabama state next year and was just wondering if you two would mind sharing your stats so I can get an idea of what the first round of cuts looks like. Thanks so much and good luck on the interview!
University: University of Maryland

Major: Biology

Overall GPA- Undergraduate Transcript from graduating college: 3.13
Pre-req: 3.30-3.45 depending on the schools req.
OTCAS calculations:
Total Undergraduate 2.8
Post-BS/BA Baccalaureate 3.39
Cumulative Undergraduate 2.93

GRE: V:143 Q: 137 Writing: 3.0

Extra-Curric:
Rehabilitation Volunteer, Meals-on-Wheels Volunteer, All American Summer Track Camp Assistant, National Zoo Keeper Aide, Cat Caretaker Volunteer, Biology Society, Youth Mentor
-Chiropractic Assistant for 3 yrs

OT observation hrs-50+ (elementary school, pediatric clinic, home health care)

Applied: D'youville, Towson, Howard, University of the Science, Springfield College, Alabama State
Rejections: D'youville, Towson
Interviews: Howard, Alabama State (declined)
Accepted: Howard
-Still waiting to hear back from the other schools

Verified OTCAS- end of Jan

*My grades are far from amazing and my GRE was horrible but I wrote a really great essay and had a ton of hours volunteering outside of ot. Whenever you do your interview, make sure you really shine and research everything from ot to the school, and typical questions you think they may ask so you won't be surprised

I received a letter inviting me for an interview in the mail today for UCA.
I'm glad we both got interviews! Hopefully we can both get accepted this year as well. What kind of interview do you think uca will have... Panel, group interviews, writing sample, etc? I'm just trying to prepare as best as I can!

I'm glad we both got interviews! Hopefully we can both get accepted this year as well. What kind of interview do you think uca will have... Panel, group interviews, writing sample, etc? I'm just trying to prepare as best as I can!

If it is like past years, it will be a personal interview with a couple of professors and a couple of OT's from the community (anywhere from 4-6 people). When is your interview?

If it is like past years, it will be a personal interview with a couple of professors and a couple of OT's from the community (anywhere from 4-6 people). When is your interview?
Wow that's a lot of people. Hope it's structured so it's not overwhelming. I've been preparing a lot so I think I'll do alright. My interview is Wednesday. When is yours?

Wow that's a lot of people. Hope it's structured so it's not overwhelming. I've been preparing a lot so I think I'll do alright. My interview is Wednesday. When is yours?

They have a generalized set of questions to ask and most likely will take turns asking the questions. Mine is on Monday!

They have a generalized set of questions to ask and most likely will take turns asking the questions. Mine is on Monday!
Do you think they'll ask any situational or ethical type questions? In my previous interviews I think those questions have always been my weaker answers. But good luck on Monday! I'm sure you'll do great!

I'm not sure, but be prepared if they do. I'm sure you will do great!

How did your interview go?

I think it went good overall! I liked the campus but I'm hoping that being out of state won't hurt me too much. How did your interview go?

Have you heard anything from uca yet? I just got a letter in the mail today and I've been placed on the alternate list. I'm really high on the list but I'm thinking that the list has to be pretty short.