AIRP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

choa06

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Starting AIRP in a few months... How relevant are these lectures for boards?

Members don't see this ad.

Ehh. They are not bad for board information but not tailored to it. I watched a good number of the lectures but did a little picking and choosing based on topics I wanted to know more about. Generally high quality lectures, at least.

Reactions: 1 users
Msk and body stuff are good, you can safely skip the rest

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Ehh. They are not bad for board information but not tailored to it. I watched a good number of the lectures but did a little picking and choosing based on topics I wanted to know more about. Generally high quality lectures, at least.
Agree. The lectures are actually really good, I learned a lot. But way too dense for boards. MSK lectures I did think were really good overall though. The others were more hit or miss but too much detail for studying - I would advise the same as above, pick and choose your weak points.

I paid minimal attention when I attended AIRP and passed core without issues. But maybe I would have been a better radiologist if I paid attention :/

I skipped everything except Smirniotopolous and Mark Murphey and did fine. In other words, not very relevant.

Reactions: 1 user
Month long vacation for me, passed boards with flying colors. Agree that MSK section stands out amongst the rest.

Are there any particularly bad lectures to avoid?

I remember the brain tumor lectures being very irrelevant. Stuff about tumor markers, biologics, etc. Maybe good if you're an academic neueoradiologist

You'd think for a course as popular as AIRP, they would have a competitive process to ensure the quality of lectures/lecturers. Nah. Some are good, some are bad, and overall it is just above average. Some of the cases are from the film days and their lectures haven't been updated since.