Air National Guard Flight Surgeon former active duty and HPSP recipient

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aegis

Primary Care and Aerospace
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's been a while since I've been active on here, but thought I would re-introduce myself and see if anyone has any questions I could help answer about the Air Force. I graduated med school in 2009 through the HPSP program at a civilian med school, after graduation I did a one-year internship in Internal Medicine in a military program and then became an AFSOC Flight Surgeon to pay back my time. I was an active duty flight surgeon from 2011-2015 during which I deployed five times. In 2015 I separated from the military and went back to residency. I also joined the Air National Guard as a flight doc in the last few years and currently drill on a quarterly schedule while working my full time civilian job.

My path has been a bit unique and I've learned quite a bit along the way about military medicine and the different options out there in flight medicine. Happy to answer any questions.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
How did you decide on the Air Guard (vs Air Force Reserve or another reserve branch)? What made you join the reserves instead of getting out of the military completely?

Firing off a private message if you don't mind, tons of questions from an old and probably cranky Internist about this.