Air Force HPSP - UOP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lalssu

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this question has been asked in general before, but I got news from my recruiter today that contradicted other posts I've seen and I was wondering if someone could clarify how it works specifically in the Air Force...

Anyway, I received the Air Force 4 year HPSP, and I was planning on attending UOP. I was told when I applied for the scholarship that I had to apply for the 4 year, and then if I got accepted to UOP, there wouldn't be a problem converting it to a 3 year scholarship. But my recruiter contacted me today to tell me that he was wrong and I would have to waive the 4 year scholarship and go on the waiting list for the 3 year scholarship if I want to go to UOP (there are a ton of people already on the waiting list, so I probably wouldn't be selected). I was set on UOP, but in the end I'd choose a 4 year school w/ the scholarship over UOP w/out the scholarship. So before giving up hope on UOP, I was hoping that someone could let me know if there's still a way to attend UOP on the scholarship I've already been awarded.

Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
This may or may not alleviate your concerns. I am a second year at UOP on a 3yr AF HPSP. A classmate of mine, also with the AF, came to UOP on a 4yr scholarship and converted to a three year a few months into the program. I don't know how he accomplished this but apparently it is possible. I would highly recommend sticking with UOP (I am biased) and try hard to get it converted. PM me if you want more info.