Air Force Air Force HPSP medical scholarship questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Brew

Reaction score
Hey all, I have recently submitted my packet for review to the AF HPSP selection committee. For some reference, I graduated with a 3.87 cGPA, 3.76 sGPA, and a 509 MCAT (128, 127, 122 ):, 132). I have already gotten an ETP approval for my MCAT score, and have 2 acceptance to med schools. I passed MEPS with flying colors, and I have gotten 3 letters of recommendation. Two from retired military personnel one of which was special forces, and another letter from a physician that has been practicing for 20 years.

I just want to know my likelihood of getting the scholarship, as it has always been what I’ve wanted to do; serve our country as a physician. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all, I have recently submitted my packet for review to the AF HPSP selection committee. For some reference, I graduated with a 3.87 cGPA, 3.76 sGPA, and a 509 MCAT (128, 127, 122 ):, 132). I have already gotten an ETP approval for my MCAT score, and have 2 acceptance to med schools. I passed MEPS with flying colors, and I have gotten 3 letters of recommendation. Two from retired military personnel one of which was special forces, and another letter from a physician that has been practicing for 20 years.

I just want to know my likelihood of getting the scholarship, as it has always been what I’ve wanted to do; serve our country as a physician. Any information would be greatly appreciated!
Hey, I'm just curious if you've heard anything back? I'm going to MEPS this friday and applying to the Air Force. I've been trying to figure out how often the boards meet about applicants? My recruiter said we have to submit applications by the end of the second monday of each month but from previous SDN threads, it seems like it was different in previous years and boards only meet in january and february. So I'm curious what you know about how often the boards meet?

Hey! I was recently accepted for the scholarship! I hope MEPS wasn’t an absolute drag the way it was for me lol! There seemed to be a lot of unknowns in terms of when the board was meeting, how often they met, and even how many candidates they discussed at each meeting. All I can tell you is I submitted my packet in November (quite early) and just heard back February 2nd. I know that I was at the first board meeting this application cycle and it supposedly first met the 3rd Monday of January (MLK day), so it probably met that Tuesday.
If you have any other questions, just DM me and I can answer any you have! Good luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
How late is too late to go to MEPS? My recruiter hasn’t responded to me in weeks after I filled out several forms for him. I don’t have an acceptance yet but I am on three waitlists. I just emailed him again with some updates on my fitness levels and where I am with med schools and he hasn’t responded. It’s for the AF and I have a 514 and 3.97 for stats. Do you think I am not promising right now because I don’t have an A? I can’t find very much information about the timeline for hpsp and when it’s too late. I know a lot of people are kind of on hold right now as they get answers from schools.

How late is too late to go to MEPS? My recruiter hasn’t responded to me in weeks after I filled out several forms for him. I don’t have an acceptance yet but I am on three waitlists. I just emailed him again with some updates on my fitness levels and where I am with med schools and he hasn’t responded. It’s for the AF and I have a 514 and 3.97 for stats. Do you think I am not promising right now because I don’t have an A? I can’t find very much information about the timeline for hpsp and when it’s too late. I know a lot of people are kind of on hold right now as they get answers from schools.

Well, I’m not too sure. I went to MEPS before I was accepted so that my process could be streamlined once I did. It takes about a month for MEPS to give the results to your recruiter. I was told that around April is when it is a long shot on whether or not you’ll be able to get the scholarship due to how many people already have. What are your subsection scores on your MCAT?

Well, I’m not too sure. I went to MEPS before I was accepted so that my process could be streamlined once I did. It takes about a month for MEPS to give the results to your recruiter. I was told that around April is when it is a long shot on whether or not you’ll be able to get the scholarship due to how many people already have. What are your subsection scores on your MCAT?
My MCAT scores are 128/129/129/128.