Air Force HPSP: COT after Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2beornot2b

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My recruiter recently informed me that I would be completing COT after medical school. Has anyone else heard something similar? I thought the summer before medical school or the summer after the first year were reserved for COT. Will the Aerospace Medicine Primary Course still be an option the summer after the first year of medical school? Also, I'm interested to see how COT will fit between graduation and the start of residency (usually late June/early July).

Members don't see this ad.

He's probably telling you this because of the backlog due to COVID. I'm a second year atm who still hasn't gone and currently planning to squeeze it in 4th year.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm class of 2025, recently admitted, and I'm attending COT this summer in class 21-06.

COT is usually a prerequisite for the aerospace medicine course.

Weird.

My recruiter recently informed me that I would be completing COT after medical school. Has anyone else heard something similar? I thought the summer before medical school or the summer after the first year were reserved for COT. Will the Aerospace Medicine Primary Course still be an option the summer after the first year of medical school? Also, I'm interested to see how COT will fit between graduation and the start of residency (usually late June/early July).
Frankly your recruiter may not know what they are talking about. If you have been commissioned and gone through all of that paperwork then contact the AFIT people. From my experience none of the recruiters knew exactly when I would be going to COT, until I got far enough down the line to have AFIT reach out to me to schedule it. Depending on where you are at in the process of accepting the scholarship your contacts and their knowledge base changes. I am also class of 2025 and going to COT very soon before school starts in July. Going to COT after medical school makes no sense considering without it you will not be able to attend AMP and potentially be unable to rotate in military facilities. You can reach out to me directly if you have more questions.