Air Force HPSP Board Dates?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

midwestbrian

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had any information on what dates the board is meeting or deadlines we should be following. I ask because I feel like I've been getting the run around with my recruiter, and that there is no progress with my application. I have been in contact with him for about a year, and there is always something else that seems to come up so my app isnt complete. I'm getting impatient and was wondering if I have already missed some important date in this process. I am a first year dental student in my first semester, and am hoping for a 3 year HPSP scholarship. I applied for last years cycle but it was too late. I scoured the internet and this site, but couldnt find anything concrete and up to date. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
can you please send me same info.
also, how many 4 year hpsp scholarships are there this year and how many are left still for grabs? im going to matriculate fall 2010

I gave the OP a contact based on the story that was given. Hopefully, he can contact someone that can help him sort out a non-responsive recruiter.

I'll try to get a timeline and post it for you.

Directly from AFRS.

The "3 year" scholarship board will meet on 24 November and the "4 year" scholarship board will meet 17 January.

If the board met on the 24th for the 3-year scholarships, when would you expect the applicants to find out (either way). Sorry, but I am anxious to find out!

My recruiter told me about a week after... so Dec 1. Personally I'm expecting to hear from my recruiter on Monday about it though.
Funny how it lines up with that date where dental schools let you know about acceptances heh

haha yeah that is ironic. best of luck

I'm pretty sure Dec 4th is the big date for us, that's what I was told by my recruiter. Good luck guys!

Members don't see this ad :)
for 4 year HPSP,
board date is Jan 17 2010.
deadline for all 4 year applications is Dec 29 2009.

this year, they require you to have acceptance letter in the file in order to submit. so unless you had early admission through some kind of program, noone else was able to be considered for it yet.
my recruiter told me there are 5 scholarships for 4 year program from AF.

I believe that there is 40 3-year scholarships. If this is true, which I think it is, the number of 4-year scholarships is most likely above 5.

only 5? seems lower than I thought there would be
I think those numbers are correct. Can't say why the low number this year, other than a stellar retention rate over the last few years. Less people getting out, means more slots are full and less openings available.

I think those numbers are correct. Can't say why the low number this year, other than a stellar retention rate over the last few years. Less people getting out, means more slots are full and less openings available.

I just got off the phone with my recruiter, who so far has been absolutely excellent and has been a health professions recruiter for at least 9 years and he laughed when I said 5. He said thats a serious underestimation. He said there are less 4 year HPSP's this year but not even close to that low.

I just got off the phone with my recruiter, who so far has been absolutely excellent and has been a health professions recruiter for at least 9 years and he laughed when I said 5. He said thats a serious underestimation. He said there are less 4 year HPSP's this year but not even close to that low.

how many 4year scholarship this year?
and for those of u thinking of applying for it now, isn't it too late. the deadline is december 30 and the board meets in january

My information came straight from AFPC and AFRS. I don't think we have many 4-year scholarships this year. However, it does change off and on if other Corps can't fill all of theirs, we can get a few more. I'll verify.

Could you also check how many 3 year scholarships are available? Are they all taken or there another round for 3 year scholarships? Thank you!

Could you also check how many 3 year scholarships are available? Are they all taken or there another round for 3 year scholarships? Thank you!
Since the board for them was in Nov, I'm pretty sure they are all filled. However, I will ask.

The number of scholarships changes from year to year. The 4 year # is very low this year and sits at around 5.

5 seriously for the whole nation? so we shouldn't even bother applying for htem then

anyone hear anything yet, and if so..how?

so would today be the day that I should start freaking out I didnt get a scholarship? applied for 3 year, but havent heard anything yet.....

Just heard from my recruiter a little while ago... did not get accepted. good luck all.
Looks like it's straight to private practice for me

Just heard from my recruiter a little while ago... did not get accepted. good luck all.
Looks like it's straight to private practice for me

wow. suprised to hear you weren't accept. Your academics are pretty solid. Looks like I ll be in the same boat. oh well :)

All of the kids in my school that applied did not get it also, however I was informed that I am high on the "alternate" list. All I can do is sit and pray that someone has a change of heart so I can start my military career soon.

Recruiter let me know today that I got accepted to 3 year program, good luck to everyone.

I was told by my recruiter after the board that I did not receive it, but was high on the list of alternates, and today he just told me I was selected. So whoever dropped out, Thanks!

I was told by my recruiter after the board that I did not receive it, but was high on the list of alternates, and today he just told me I was selected. So whoever dropped out, Thanks!

Congrats!!

Has anybody heard back whether or not they received the four year HPSP?

Nope, called my recruiter and he told me that he didn't hear anything.
we'll see..

I haven't heard anything either. My recruiter told me that he's seen them release the results both earlier and later than the scheduled date. Hopefully we will hear something on Monday!!!

yeah but i already kinda gave up on AF since they are releasing so few numbers this year plus they don't give you signing up bonus...

I would say I am 99% sure that I'll take my Army HPSP over Air Force at this point

I just heard back from my recruiter. I didn't get the four year, but thats not too surprising for me considering that only five are available. Anybody else hear back yet? Hopefully there will be plenty of three year scholarships available. Good luck everyone

Not me... hopefully tomorrow!

I
I just heard back from my recruiter. I didn't get the four year, but thats not too surprising for me considering that only five are available. Anybody else hear back yet? Hopefully there will be plenty of three year scholarships available. Good luck everyone

Was also informed today that I was not seleceted or waitlisted. Good thing I got the army..

I got a NO as well. Going to go Navy!!!

I got a NO as well. Going to go Navy!!!

do you guys know how many the Navy are taking this year??.. I just got rejected from the AF.. they told me there was only 5 spots........ anyone know the number for the NAVY???????

I as well was not accepted to the 4 year position. I spoke with the Navy last week and I was informed that they had about 5 or so scholarships left, but that they were going to get about 40 for the next academic year that would be retroactive and pay for the first semester of d-school. Just for anyone in the future looking into the air force scholarships be cautious of the recruiter. I have had a horrible experience with mine. I had to go out of my way to make sure everything was good and board ready. From the get go my recruiter told me that I was going to get the scholarship because of my stats. (3.97 GPA, 23 AA DAT). I feel like a huge reason why I was not accepted the position was because of my recruiter. I was really looking forward to the AF experience but now I am just going to pay for school on my own. Good luck and congrats to those who did get the scholarships.

Congrats boomersooner! I heard the competition was SUPER tough this year. So, again, congrats to you and the other 4 out there

According to my recruiter, I am number 8 on the list for the Air Force scholarship...oh well...

I also applied for the navy scholarship when I found out that there were only 5 scholarships given out this year...and my navy recruiter told me last week that there are 39 spots this year for the 4-year scholarship...and they've given out 12 so far.

Yeah apparently no one in the Great lakes region/ Chicago area got the scholarship. I was the highest applicant in that region with a 21 AA and 3.7 GPA and I wasnt even waitlisted. Recruiter said this is the first year that none of his candidates were matched. Ahh oh well. Maybe I won't go to UoP after all. OR maybe i will apply for the army HPSP... thanks God for dean's scholarship at Penn:D

Oh the irony....get the biggest ivy scholarship available, but get rejected by the air force. gotta love it :laugh: