Air Force HPSP Acceptance Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Icarus22

Board Certified Psychiatrist
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying for the Air Force HPSP for this year, starting Med School in august. I realize its late in the process, but I was wondering about my chances of being accepted? I have things ready in terms of the acceptance letter, recommendations, and ROTC experience. I am also fit, though I still have to get the physical done which will be soon. I am just wondering if anybody knows what my chances are this late in the process? I've researched this HPSP thing ALOT but I couldn't find things in regards to applications at this stage in the process. (To give you a perspective, the recruiter said we have to have everything in my March 7th). Okay, thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Icarus22 said:
I am applying for the Air Force HPSP for this year, starting Med School in august. I realize its late in the process, but I was wondering about my chances of being accepted? I have things ready in terms of the acceptance letter, recommendations, and ROTC experience. I am also fit, though I still have to get the physical done which will be soon. I am just wondering if anybody knows what my chances are this late in the process? I've researched this HPSP thing ALOT but I couldn't find things in regards to applications at this stage in the process. (To give you a perspective, the recruiter said we have to have everything in my March 7th). Okay, thanks in advance!

Get all your transcripts to the recruiter, your LORs, MCrap scores, and fill out all the paperwork ASAP. You have an acceptance to a school already so that is a bonus. Your chances are as good as anyones right now since the AF has two selection boards which meet each fiscal year for the HPSP scholarships. The first one meets this month, the deadline for 7 March is to get everything together for the 2nd of the two boards. So, bottomline, get to it now and you should be good to go. I've started my application with an Air Force and Navy recruiter. All I need to do now is get a physical and also get interviewed by an AF doc for the AF HPSP, and a Navy doc and Navy nurse for the Navy HPSP. I notice you're a fellow UNECOM'er class o 2010. I'm prior military so if you have any questions about the AF lemme know.
Good luck with everything.
Cheers,
Steve

That's weird. I did AF HPSP through my AFROTC and I had to do it in my sophomore year...hmm

Thanks a lot for the info Steve! I was worried about it but since there's two boards and I am on the second one, it shouldn't be so bad I hope. I took a long time deciding whether or not to do the HPSP and I came to a decision just this past week that I would apply. I could've started the process sooner but no biggie, I'll see what happens. Oh you're UNECOM as well! Awesome! Yeah I am actually waiting on NYCOM's decision after my interview but I am applying to the HPSP using the UNECOM acceptance. And yeah I will let you know if I have questions about the AF, thanks a lot. Oh and Nylesor, I was in Marine Corps JROTC in high school (didn't elaborate in my post) - I wasn't in ROTC in college, so I wasn't able to do it through an ROTC program. I think the JROTC and my brother being in the marines gave me somewhat a feel of what a military career might feel like though. Hopefully things work out well! :D