Air Force AEGD, who gets them, how many?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Omahahahaha

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick question for anyone who would know.....

All of us HPSP students are required to apply for the AF AEGD and do the interview, but if accepted, one would not be required to do it.

Ok, so I am required to apply. Fact. My questions is, since I am near the bottom of my dental school class, will I even have a chance at being offered an AEGD?

I would guess it just comes down to numbers. But maybe due to my low academic standing I'm SOL. Any insight to this situation, from someone who has gone through the HPSP-AEGD experience would be helpful. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

when I was asking the recruiter about the aegd or gpr, his answer was that every one has to do it. They want to make sure that you know what you are doing before they let you work for real, and besides it will improve your speed=better for them. So at the end it doest matter if you are the last guy/girl in your class, if you are signed with the armed forces they will make sure you complete a year of GPR or AEGD. as far as I know.

Does the AEGD year count towards active service?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does the AEGD year count towards active service?

Yes, the AEGD year does count toward active service. On the other hand, if you enter the program with a 4 year obligation, you will leave the program with a 4 year obligation. This is because the program usually requires a one year active duty service obligation after completing the course.