AIDS education requirement for pharmacist license in WA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Timbo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Website is vague about what's accepted and what not. It does say that 7 hours are required. How do I know if my pharmacy school curriculum provided adequate AIDS education? If I add up all the lecture hours and group activities for HIV and HIV opportunistic infections from pharmacy school, it does go over 7 hours. However the WA department of health website does provide links to courses that I can pay for to attend (or DVDs to rent) to satisfy this AIDS education requirement. How do they even check if you have satisfied the AIDS requirement when you send in your pharmacist application anyway?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm pretty sure somewhere on either the application or the website it says that if your coursework included HIV/AIDS information, it's acceptable.

Funny you should mention that, as I just read that section in Fassett's law guide. I agree that it sounds vague, but I believe the website and/or application itself states that any PharmD program is assumed to contain that information.