Ahmad Zaki --- dead of lung cancer at 55 :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nora

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For all of you who grew up watching this man's genius:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4386377.stm

I've followed his battle with lung cancer for the past 14 months and have been praying for him to survive but destiny had other plans for him. What a loss!

This also reminded me of the prevalence of heavy smoking in those regions of the world and the tobacco companies' aggressive and unopposed marketing to the young. Ahmad Zaki admitted in an interview that he smoked for over 35 years and it was one of the serious regrets of his life.

I console myself with rewatching his classics and pray that he has finally found peace.

Members don't see this ad.

Nora said:

I've followed his battle with lung cancer for the past 14 months and have been praying for him to survive but destiny had other plans for him. What a loss!

This also reminded me of the prevalence of heavy smoking in those regions of the world and the tobacco companies' aggressive and unopposed marketing to the young. Ahmad Zaki admitted in an interview that he smoked for over 35 years and it was one of the serious regrets of his life.

I console myself with rewatching his classics and pray that he has finally found peace.

Allah Yer7amoo, he was a great actor :-(

i dont know who that is, but the level of smoking up in arab places is rediculous, 75% of my cousins smoked, i dont know where they get the money from.. and than you got a hookah at nite or in restaurants which is like 10 cigarettes at time. I smoke the hookah occasionally, but wow why such high levels of chain smokers there?

Members don't see this ad :)
Never heard of him... but another example of the consequences of smoking.

Nora said:

la hawla walaa khuwata ilaa bilaah,
Allah yi nacal Al-tatkhin. Tatkhin daar li-siha
i had a great admiration for him (Mr Zaki). may be his complexity that is close to mine, or my be how you felt he is someone that u know every time u watch his movies. any way...that is very bad news not only for egyptians but for all Arabs who like Egyptian Movies.

Abe said:
i dont know who that is, but the level of smoking up in arab places is rediculous, 75% of my cousins smoked, i dont know where they get the money from.. and than you got a hookah at nite or in restaurants which is like 10 cigarettes at time. I smoke the hookah occasionally, but wow why such high levels of chain smokers there?
Hookah? do you mean Shiisha? just curious :)

The Candidate said:
They are the same thing.

In Egypt we call it shisha. I am interested to know where it's called Hookah