AHH, What to DO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AP Tenorio

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Right now I just completed my fall semester, and I was greatful to obtain all A's this semester. I will be finishing my 2nd half of my general chem class and will be going onto my A&P classes, as well as micro, and nutrition. It is kinda funny how I stummbled onto this profession, because I nver knew somthing like this existed. When I was younger I thought It would be so cool to be a doctor but I thought it would be impossible for the academics. I am a 34 year old returning student, and when I initially came back I thought nursing might be somthing that I could handle academically. However, after taking several classes, science and math I discovered that school was not as bad as I thought it may be, and it occured to me that I may have the capacity to attend a higher level of academics, maybe PA school or even MD school. Currently I have a 3.9 GPA, and at this point I need 3 classes for a liberal arts assoc. and about 1 year to complete the pre-reqs for PA school. But, I am not sure if I should try to go for the MD school because , for one I am not married or have no children and essentially only have myself to hold me back. I guess I just don't know what to do, and I guess I need some feedback. Also. the school I am thinking of going to is currently a BS/PA program, but will be going to a masters program. I want to know, how is it that I person after they obtain their PA degree do they aquire other training to be specialized? Cuz, it appears that if a PA has more of a specialization they can make more money.Is this true ,and what specailties make the most money and what are the drawbacks? Thanks for your input!!!:clap:

Members don't see this ad.