aha! moment-not

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drrinoo

Rinoo Shah, MD
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just had one of those aha moments..that I thought would seal my fame and fortune...

I was thinking about vCFs and about ways to improve vertebroplasty...so I thought scaffolding...liquid scaffolding that is injected either prior to or in concert with the PMMA.....and since I have an interest in nanotech...I though about carbon nanotubes; nothing bigger seemed feasible from a percutaneous procedure standpoint....so I ran out of the shower and typed the terms bone carbon nanotubes on google...

instant disheartenment....2 guys from University of Kentucky just got their patent passed in late March of this year...but they deserve it...

so...Kyphon...start clenching your teeth...the surface area of a sphere (post balloon) is less than the surface of unprepared bone (the interstices of the fracture)...more surface area...more strength...go vertebroplasty

http://www.pharmcast.com/Patents100/Yr2005/Mar2005/032905/6872403_Nanotubes032905.htm

Members don't see this ad.