This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Joanna Shephard

Reaction score
Hey guys! I just wanted to start a thread for people accepted and applying to any of the Agnes Scott SMP/Post-bac programs. I just committed to the Med-Flex program. I am also low-key looking for a roommate around the Decatur area for the program so if you are in the same boat or know someone who is definitely reach out :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I just got accepted into the Agnes Scott Pre-Medical Cert. Program. I am commuting to campus but wanted to reach out!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, can you tell me more about the certificate program? How does this compare to their master's program?

I haven’t completed the program but I know there are differences in time, price, degree level, linkage programs, etc. I would start out by reading their website pages on Med flex program and Masters of medical science. Their staff is super responsive to questions too!

Reactions: 1 user
Am finishing up my application this week, when did you apply? Congratulations. Am hoping to get in for this summer as well 🤞🏾🤞🏾

Am finishing up my application this week, when did you apply? Congratulations. Am hoping to get in for this summer as well 🤞🏾🤞🏾
I completed my application on postbacc-cas on Jan 1 but it didn't submit to Agnes Scott until 1/3 because of the holiday. I heard back on Jan 25th.

Thanks!! I applied early acceptance back in November and found out in December. Good luck!!! And you know where to go if looking for a roomie 😆

Does anyone know if there is a group chat or anything for new admits? I have been admitted as well. Have you found a place already Joanna?

Does anyone know if there is a group chat or anything for new admits? I have been admitted as well. Have you found a place already Joanna?
I emailed and asked a while back but they said they didn’t have a group chat. I still haven’t found a roommate yet, so I’m still on the search. I might just commute worst case scenario. Also congrats on your admission!!!

Hey guys! I just wanted to start a thread for people accepted and applying to any of the Agnes Scott SMP/Post-bac programs. I just committed to the Med-Flex program. I am also low-key looking for a roommate around the Decatur area for the program so if you are in the same boat or know someone who is definitely reach out :)
I'm really late to the chat but Hi! I haven't committed to the Med-Flex program yet. I'd love to chat with you about the program though and get another student perspective. I'm not from Georgia and I don't fully understand the certificate program/linkage. Thank you!

I'm really late to the chat but Hi! I haven't committed to the Med-Flex program yet. I'd love to chat with you about the program though and get another student perspective. I'm not from Georgia and I don't fully understand the certificate program/linkage. Thank you!
I would def recommend reaching out to their advisement and admissions team. They have been super friendly and helpful to me. But I'm excited for it to help build the tools I'll need to be a better med student and improve my MCAT.

This is Mercer's description of the linkage.

Hey I got accepted into the masters of medical sciences program do y’all know if a GroupMe has been created yet?