Age of MCAT score: Please advise

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Glutenlover1948

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I took my MCAT in late June of 2020 (the covid shortened mcat) and got my score in mid July. I applied last cycle with my score and did not get in, so I will be reapplying the following cycle (2022/2023 year to matriculate the summer of 2023) after a postbac. This means my score will be almost exactly 3 years prior to matriculation when I reapply. Am I at risk for having my mcat expire at the schools that matriculate in July/August instead of June? Will schools nitpick the exact date of my score over a month, or even just a couple weeks in some cases?

I went through a lot of trouble to take this exam and I would hate to get distracted from my research and waste my time and energy to restudy for it. But also, it would suck even more if I couldn't apply next cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

In my panic I decided I was going to collect oldest MCAT data from every med school today, but with a little googling, turns out AAMC has already done that.

However, I would caution you to contact each school individually, some may be making covid-related exceptions and some information appears to be simply wrong. For example, according to this table, it seems that my MCAT would not be accepted at Albert Einstein or UNC Chapel Hill, but both schools indicate on their websites that they accept older MCATs than what is listed on this table.

NOTE: Whether there are errors in the opposite direction where a school doesn't accept dates that old, I am not sure. Any further comments would be greatly appreciated

Probably easiest to check the sites of schools you are interested in, as you have begun to do.
Some of them do say they are extending the score a year due to COVID testing center cancellations.
Most of the TMDSAS schools in Texas accept scores up to 5 years old.