after interviews...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nutronpower

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering...does anyone know if we send the interviewers thank you notes after interviews or has anyone done so?

Members don't see this ad.

From what others have said, yes, you should send a thank you note. I am sure others with more experience can add to that.

A lot of peeps on this board agree that sending a thank-you note is helpful. But for me, when I interviewed at UOP, I said, " Thank-you" to all of my interviewers. 1.5 months later, I got an acceptance! So all in all, IMO thank-you letters are not necessary!

Members don't see this ad :)
It seems that nowadays, with a more competitive admissions process, candidates may be resorting to tried and true "job interview" techniques, one of which is to send a "thank you note" to an interviewer. I don't see a problem with it...it may not help much (if at all) to send the note to a student interviewer or a praciticing pharmacist who volunteered for your panel. But for the faculty interviewer, it may help...I never did it, so I can't tell you if it works or not.

Should the thank you note be sent by email or mail?

I sent thank-you letters to two falcuty members who directly interviewed me, and another one for the Assistant Dean who gave an orientation at the beginning of the interview. I did both in mails and emails...I think it's better do it than sorry later ehehe...

I think it's very important these days w/the applicant pools skyrocketing. I did not and was accepted, but even last year it was much less competitive than this year. Anything that you can do to distinguish yourself and keep you in their heads is good business.

Hi triangulation, I was wondering how I can get the contact info. of the person who interviewed me. I actually have his name, but when I looked him up in the school directory I couldn't find him, so do you know where I should look for either his email address or his mail, because I don't think he is a faculty. OR Do you think that I should just email the admission staff for a thank you letter?:confused:

Dunno if asking the admissions peeps for his info would look very impressive. It may appear that you're fishin for brownie points, which you are, but you don't want it to look that way. If you can't get it from your own channels, i think you're outta luck.

It's strange that your iv'er isn't either faculty or student. That's kinda peculiar.

i'll send my thank you notes out today!