After freshman year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pink-rose57

undergrad-lad
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard of schools having accelerated programs for high school seniors but what about college freshmen who are interested in dentistry with a high GPA?

I am asking because I regained my focus this year because in high school I was worried about getting the heck out of there more than actual work and grades. :scared:

Any help would be nice! :D

Members don't see this ad.

pink roses,

i havent heard of any d-schools accepting undergrads before they finish all their pre-reques. (which doenst mean there arent any). a good thing to do may be to check with the ada or asda. why so worried?? there's no need to be in a rush, d-school will always be here & there's never been more of a need for new dentists. enjoy college & try to get some shadowing experience during your summers.

I was interested in the same thing..so i asked around and the answer i got is...There is no programs like that really..if you have a good gpa so why are you worrying about admissions....good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, I'm not really worried about dental admissions yet but I was basically asking if they have a program...like a 3 year advanced program or something. But if not, I'll just enjoy college. I'm at the U of Alabama (roll tide) and it's fun but I need something a bit more challeging than this. But let me not complain too early huh?

In the summer I'm going to take Physics I and II.... :idea:

pink-rose57 said:
In the summer I'm going to take Physics I and II.... :idea:
Hey i just been wondering, since you are taking phys I & II are u a science major and if so does it help aide in better acceptance into dental school? :confused:

ryofire said:
Hey i just been wondering, since you are taking phys I & II are u a science major and if so does it help aide in better acceptance into dental school? :confused:

No, being a science major doesn't give you any pronounced advantage over other majors. Some schools actually value non-science majors and the perspective they can bring to the school and the profession at large.

Some schools have early acceptance programs, they accept you after sophomore year and you must maintain a ~3.2-3.3 and do fairly well on the DAT...then you're game !!