AF Hsps...what is included in scholarship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

catch15yanks

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am deciding between 2 schools. At one there is no way to live on campus so the stipend would definitely go towards an unaffiliated apartment, etc. However, with the other school there is on campus living with room and board going to the school. If I pay the school for their apartment will the air force pay for this? or is room and board (even if it is through school and part of tuition) completely separate and still paid for out of my monthly stipend.

Obviously this would be a big swing between the 2 schools.

Members don't see this ad.

I am deciding between 2 schools. At one there is no way to live on campus so the stipend would definitely go towards an unaffiliated apartment, etc. However, with the other school there is on campus living with room and board going to the school. If I pay the school for their apartment will the air force pay for this? or is room and board (even if it is through school and part of tuition) completely separate and still paid for out of my monthly stipend.

Obviously this would be a big swing between the 2 schools.

With all HPSP scholarships room and board is not a reimurseable expense regardless of where the room/board is located or who it is paid to. So as you mentioned, it is completely seperate and would have to be paid for out of your stipend.