AEGD stipends

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rickytang

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wrote off applying to AEGD because I had heard from classmates that they all require tuition, whereas GPR's don't. I've just been looking into AEGD and noticed that there are definitely programs that don't charge tuition and even give stipends. Some of the programs don't have that information readily available on their websites though.

Does anyone know of a list of which AEGD programs don't charge tuition or have stipends? And/or a list of the NYU Langone programs, which have stipends or not?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Try this, you can filter by a variety of ways: CASSchoolPages

That's crazy that some AEGDs charge tuition... you're basically cheap labor for them...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Try this, you can filter by a variety of ways: CASSchoolPages

That's crazy that some AEGDs charge tuition... you're basically cheap labor for them...
Thanks for the suggestion, I'm not finding a way to filter by tuition/stipend but it's helpful to see the program pages

I noticed it's really difficult to find out how much you get as a stipend because it is not shown on their website. It was difficult for me to navigate when I was applying. The best way is to directly ask the administrator where they could find information about stipends. Some programs do show stipends on their website, and some programs only show them during the interview. So not everything is clear which is kind of unfair for the applicant.

From my understanding, if you are a US-trained dentist with USA citizenship, you get a stipend. But if your status is international, it's a different situation. And I know that international dentists actually pay for the program and do not get stipends.

I noticed it's really difficult to find out how much you get as a stipend because it is not shown on their website. It was difficult for me to navigate when I was applying. The best way is to directly ask the administrator where they could find information about stipends. Some programs do show stipends on their website, and some programs only show them during the interview. So not everything is clear which is kind of unfair for the applicant.

From my understanding, if you are a US-trained dentist with USA citizenship, you get a stipend. But if your status is international, it's a different situation. And I know that international dentists actually pay for the program and do not get stipends.
Thank you!