Advisement Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OperaticPreOD

Operatic (Pre)Optometrist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I am scheduled to graduate in a year, but I have two options as to how I can do this (I have a lot of random classes that I have taken):

I could graduate with a BS in Biochemistry and a BM(bachelor of music) in Vocal Performance, with a minor in art.
or
I could graduate with BA in Biochemistry, a BM in vocal performance, and a BA in Studio Art.

Which one do you guys think would be more impressive to an optometry admissions committee? I was swaying towards the triple major, but I thought it should check with you all. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
OperaticPreOD

Members don't see this ad.

I'd go with the BS in biochem...more science oriented. But I don't think it makes much difference which one you choose. Either option shows that you are varied in terms of talents and interests, which is definitely a good thing to show an optometry school. Anyways, good luck! :)

Do whichever one you really want to do and don't worry about impressing the admissions comittee with it. As long as either one satisfies all of the pre-reqs for every optometry school you're interested in, that is.

Members don't see this ad :)
OperaticPreOD said:
I could graduate with a BS in Biochemistry and a BM(bachelor of music) in Vocal Performance, with a minor in art.
or I could graduate with BA in Biochemistry, a BM in vocal performance, and a BA in Studio Art.

Which one do you guys think would be more impressive to an optometry admissions committee?
If finishing the triple major is going to be more stress and time, don't do it because it's not worth it. With two majors and all that variety, you'll have no problem impressing admissions with your multitalented nature. Just focus on doing quality work and getting all your pre-reqs in... not to mention having fun in your last year of undergrad studies. It's more about quality of life and focus than it is about degrees. Once you get into school, no one else is going to care if you have 1 or 16 undergrad degrees. Everyone's looking ahead to their O.D.
Best wishes.

ditto what in_translation said. BS or BA really doesn't matter as long as you finish your pre-reqs. You'll already impressed an adcom by being so diverse in your interests.

Good luck!