Advice!!

Mistate7

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I finished my OAT on Saturday and I didn't do as well as I wanted to. I got 330AA and 350TS. I got 270 on my RC and I was wondering what everyone thinks about my scores and see if i need to retake it. My overall gpa is 3.64

Thanks and goodluck to everyone!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I'd retake it and get the RC score up. Whatever you're strategy was for the RC portion, abandon it and try something entirely different.

I finished my OAT on Saturday and I didn't do as well as I wanted to. I got 330AA and 350TS. I got 270 on my RC and I was wondering what everyone thinks about my scores and see if i need to retake it. My overall gpa is 3.64

Thanks and goodluck to everyone!!!

What if your other scores go down after the retake? Seriously, there are plenty of people in this forum who scored around 270-290 and still got into their top choice optometry school. I have a friend who got into SUNY, PCO, NECO with a RC of 240. This was last year also.

Hi just wondering if RC was just incredibly hard or were you scoring low on RC sections for practice exams?

Members don't see this ad :)
i was getting around 33/40 in topscore. i just don't know what went wrong on the real test.

don't worry, my rc score was really, really bad...worst than yours...and i still got into a school...it really depends on where you want to go...if you want to go to SCCO...then you need to have the TS, AA, and RC 300 or above...if you prefer to go to other schools, you should definitely turn in your applications soon and wait for interviews..if they want you to retake it, then retake it...if not, you don't have to!