Advice please... huge gap in activities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

notANOTHERPREMED!

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So basically I used to work for a corporate grant based job that was set to end back in April. I started job hunting, received another job offer at a different company healthcare related. I quit my first job, a week later the new job offer got revoked... Fast forward its almost August and I am still unemployed. With interviews coming up, how bad will this look? I am only volunteering once a week and job hunting the rest of the week but I am not getting many opportunities. I did travel to New Hampshire to visit family for about a month, but other than that, there is pretty much just volunteering once a week.

Members don't see this ad.

Am I overreacting? I just don't want the ad com to view me as lazy. If anyone can provide their opinion that would be great.

3 months? no one is going to care. if they ask you just say job hunting. youth and young adult unemployment isn't exactly uncommon these days.

Members don't see this ad :)
What is your GPA/MCAT?

Nice upward trend! Honestly I think you have a good shot. Just listen to some South Central Cartel music and tell then you identify as African American. Then you have 100% chance.

Thanks!! I appreciate it. I have low confidence issues due to my horrrrid MCAT.

What is your MCAT breakdown? Any 7s?

Nice upward trend! Honestly I think you have a good shot. Just listen to some South Central Cartel music and tell then you identify as African American. Then you have 100% chance.

:nono:

Just make sure you spend literally a hundred hours perfecting your personal statement to offset that 6.

Reactions: 1 user

Bruce Jenner proved that just taking on a few characteristics allows you to metamorphosize into someone else. So he should just do that to get URM boost.

Members don't see this ad :)
Bruce Jenner proved that just taking on a few characteristics allows you to metamorphosize into someone else. So he should just do that to get URM boost.

No. Just No. Just shows that you have some identity crisis.

I'm the one with the identity crisis? Hah lol no.

I usually lurk, but this one takes the cake. The ignorance you have is astounding. My freaking goodness.

I usually lurk, but this one takes the cake. The ignorance you have is astounding. My freaking goodness.

Ignorance? Gangster rap is a hallmark of African American culture. That's not a racist statement, just a fact.

Ignorance? Gangster rap is a hallmark of African American culture. That's not a racist statement, just a fact.
You have got to be freaking kidding me? Please do yourself a favor and stop.

@ChoomMed Classic ad hominem attack because you can't create a sound counter-argument. You are the only one who is ignorant.

@ChoomMed Classic ad hominem attack because you can't create a sound counter-argument. You are the only one who is ignorant.

You seriously are digging yourself a deep deep grave. The reason I chose not to counter argue you is for the plain reason there is a time and place for everything. However, considering you slyly slid a racist and ableist statement into a discussion surrounding someone asking for help pertaining to their problem...just goes to show you know nothing about picking and choosing what to say and when to say it.

Google is available for everyone and you can use it to Google why what you said was wrong.

Also, I never said what you said was racist. I said you were ignorant. So, goes to show you knew what you said was racist and ignorant, but you didn't care. Nice one.

You seriously are digging yourself a deep deep grave. The reason I chose not to counter argue you is for the plain reason there is a time and place for everything. However, considering you slyly slid a racist and ableist statement into a discussion surrounding someone asking for help pertaining to their problem...just goes to show you know nothing about picking and choosing what to say and when to say it.

Google is available for everyone and you can use it to Google why what you said was wrong.

Also, I never said what you said was racist. I said you were ignorant. So, goes to show you knew what you said was racist and ignorant, but you didn't care. Nice one.

It's amazing how you could type three paragraphs and say absolutely nothing. Ironic how the people who call other people ignorant are most frequently themselves the ignorant ones.

It's amazing how you could type three paragraphs and say absolutely nothing. Ironic how the people who call other people ignorant are most frequently themselves the ignorant ones.
Mmmmhmmm, keep telling yourself that dear while you conveniently avoid me pointing out your mess up. Thanks for proving your ignorance.

Mmmmhmmm, keep telling yourself that dear while you conveniently avoid me pointing out your mess up. Thanks for proving your ignorance.

I never messed up.

Gangsta rap and black culture are synonymous. That is NOT a racist statement. Just read the Wikipedia in the origin of rap music and the counterculture. When you are educated, then you can try to debate me.

a racist and ableist statement

Facts are objective. Interpretations are opinions. Only opinions can be racist or ableist.

I gave an objective fact, so I am immune to accusations of racism. /thread

I never messed up.

Gangsta rap and black culture are synonymous. That is NOT a racist statement. Just read the Wikipedia in the origin of rap music and the counterculture. When you are educated, then you can try to debate me.

Quotes Wikipedia then says I'm not educated.

Facts are objective. Interpretations are opinions. Only opinions can be racist or ableist.

I gave an objective fact, so I am immune to accusations of racism. /thread

You blowing up my mentions trying to prove you're not racist. Hahahahaha

You blowing up my mentions trying to prove you're not racist. Hahahahaha
I never said whether or not I am racist. I just said that my post was an objective fact immune to racism.

I never said whether or not I am racist. I just said that my post was an objective fact immune to racism.
What I said totally went over your head and you keep using ad hominem like you just learned what it meant. Bruh pick up a book and occupy yourself. Bye.

What I said totally went over your head and you keep using ad hominem like you just learned what it meant. Bruh pick up a book and occupy yourself. Bye.

Please don't project your own ignorance on me. Buy yourself a book on African American culture. Or watch some Schoolboy Q music videos.

Please don't project your own ignorance on me. Buy yourself a book on African American culture. Or watch some Schoolboy Q music videos.

You funny. Seriously, tho. I have class and I can't continue with you (and your ignorance). You a hot mess.

You funny. Seriously, tho. I have class and I can't continue with you (and your ignorance). You a hot mess.

Your profile pic is a hot mess. I'm leaving for the beach in a few minutes, so have fun sitting in class while on on the beach surfin'. Bye bye