Advice needed. Undergrad who provides ABA therapy.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

XWing5000

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently going to school for Information Systems with a concentration Cyber Security. I enjoy computers and I can work my way around them. For work, I've been working for a company that provides ABA services. I go to the consumers house and conduct 1:1 sessions by implementing programs (tacting, listening & responding, Intraverbal, self help skills) with kids that have mental disabilities. I have worked with children that have Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Epilepsy, and Traumatic Brain Injury. Ihave had this job for 9 months now In this, I am thinking of a career change from IT to mental health. From all of your experiences, what can you tell me about the pros and cons of getting a Masters in Psychology? I've thought about Psychiatry, but medical school is a whole different animal. I am 23 years old. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, however I think this forum specifically is for public health masters and doctoral programs. Not sure if psychology falls under this purview.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile