[advice needed] should i even consider applying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beau0905

Reaction score
Hi, all.
The posts here has been very informative and helpful! I just have a question. So, I took my DAT today and it didn't go that well.

here is what I got:
PAT: 23
QR: 19 (Got so many word problems and lost track of time on onešŸ˜Ø)
RC: 14 (I just struggle so much with reading, but I was hoping for 17 or 18 my English is just bad i guess)
Total science: 20 bio:18 gen chem: 20. orgo: 23
AA: 19

My undergrad GPA is around 3.3, and science GPA is around 3.1.

And I haven't taken orgo II yet. (idk if this is okay to apply first).gen chem2 orgo1 from community college.

For DAT, I was aiming for around 23 on DAT, but I didn't expect reading and math to be that difficult at att.

With this score and GPA, should I even bother trying to apply to any dental schools?

I have shadowing hours and been working as dental assistance for almost 5 years now.I am also trilingual if this helps anyhow. šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

I was also looking in to this 30 credits masters pre-dental program. Should I just apply to masters instead?

Members don't see this ad.

I donā€™t think you should apply, the odds of you getting an interview is slim given your GPA and DAT. I had a slightly lower overall GPA, same science GPA, but I got a 24 on the DAT (applied to 20 schools) and only got 2 interviews. And this was 5 years ago when it was ā€œeasier.ā€ Sorry if itā€™s not the advice youā€™d like to hear! Good luck

Reactions: 2 users
I donā€™t think you should apply, the odds of you getting an interview is slim given your GPA and DAT. I had a slightly lower overall GPA, same science GPA, but I got a 24 on the DAT (applied to 20 schools) and only got 2 interviews. And this was 5 years ago when it was ā€œeasier.ā€ Sorry if itā€™s not the advice youā€™d like to hear! Good luck
thank you. I think im gonna apply for the master program and get better GPA there

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
RC is one of the more important scores. Retake the DAT, raise your GPA and try again. Good luck!

agreed