Advice needed for 10 week plan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TestType

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys so I've about ~10 week until my Step 1 (more like 9.5 week now, lol), and I'm in dire need of advice. I took my first NBME just a couple days ago and it was ~200.

So this was my original plan:

First four weeks or so: Read 1st aid/supplement books. + QBank
Next four weeks: DIT + Qbank
Last ~2 weeks or so: Review 1st aid/my notes
(I'm planning to study 10~12 hours for 6 days/week + use Sunday to catch up/take NBME).

So for last 3 days, I've been doing about 60~70 UWorld questions/reviewing my "Uworld Journal" (I take notes on questions I got wrong or guessed) while reading 1st aid.

I was hoping to do 2 passes of UWorld, and I came to a realization that UWorld is taking a REALLY LONG time (2 blocks = 7+ hours !!!) - I'm not sure if this is feasible,

Should I perhaps to a quick pass through USMLE Rx along with 1st Aid for first 3~4 weeks and save UWorld for last 5~6 weeks?

Should I try to bulldoze my way through 2 passes of UWorld? Or take as much time as I can for thorough pass of UWorld + repeat incorrect/marked questions at the end?

Thank you for your time & Any advice would be appreciated !

Members don't see this ad.

Few questions:
Have you already consolidated your notes and gone over First Aid before? What I'm asking is: are you reviewing material or is there a lot of material you still need to learn for the first time.

That is the biggest question. If you're just reviewing, you don't need 10 weeks. I would drop DIT, and just do First Aid and finish Uworld. I also do not recommend going over UWorld twice. Just go over your notes and possible incorrects.

Thanks for the reply-

I did go over 1st aid/pathoma along with courses during MII year.

i feel like there's a lot of material I still need to cover according to my UWorld average (usually in 65~70% range right now)

I can do about 60~70Q/a day, which will take me about ~5-6 weeks to finish UWorld... Should I go over my incorrect/marked + my notes after that?

Thanks,

Sure, although if you keep up with your NBME, I think your score will improve to the point where you won't need 10 weeks.