Advice for finding a job at MSU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eschauberger

Some Guy
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I decided to defer at MSUCOM. I am an out-of-state, so it'll cut the cost from 40 to 20k. I've been approved and everything. So, now, I'm trying to find a job. I have to be fulltime by July 1.
Kathie Schafer has give me a couple places to look, but I'm really not finding much. Anybody who is an undergrad or a medical student at MSU know of any labs that usually need Lab Techs? Or know of any profs that might be good resources to finding something?

Thanks,
Eric

Members don't see this ad.

well if you want to be a lab tech or something else in the hospital, apply at sparrow hospital or ingham regional medical center. their web addresses are www.sparrow.org and www.irmc.org respectively. both are within 15 minutes and you can establish some great contacts since msu is in close affiliation with both of them. also, there are an enormous amount of oppurtunities involved with labs on campus, and many other campus jobs for that matter. contact the career resource center at www.csp.msu.edu and they can hook you up with the specifics. hope that helps. if you have any questions let me know. also, was it hard to get deferment and what was your reason?

bump.

I looked at both medical centers and there really wasn't much that I could do. Most of the positions were RN or required certification. I emailed the Career Services people and also a Prof from my school who got his PhD at MSU.

Anyother ideas people?

Hey eschauberger, What is your academic history? If you've had a lot of sciences and like cell bio/physics and If your interested in doing bench research I may know of a position you can get into. It's at the lab I currently work at in the MSU physiology department. I'm going to MSUCOM and there will be an opening. It doesn't pay generously but you'll get benefits and a decent wage. If interested PM me and give me your e-mail.