Advice for a new comer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EAGER

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am really interested in starting a nursing career. I am married and have a family and have to work during the day while i would be attending classes at night. Also i will be moving to florida when my husband starts podiatry school. Does anyone have any suggestion to what route i should take? I was told to go to community to get my RN and then there are classes to get my BSN at a university, which i want. I just want some advice from nurses to help me with my decision to become a nurse.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Eager,

There are a lot of ways to become a nurse. It all really depends on what your priorities and goals, interests are really.

Some hospitals down in FL may offer nursing scholarships in exhange for working at their hospital in teh future as an RN. So some students at my hospital work as techs in the area of their particular interest say, icu, and take the scholarship. In this way, they benefit from the hospital paying their tuition, becoming familiar with the cliical aspect of nursing, and securing a position at the unit where they are working.

Thats just one way of course. If you have further questions, email me.