Advice for 2 weeks before Step 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

metukah

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those that have written, any advice on what to do in the last 2 weeks before Step 1?
My current plan is trying to read thru FA another 2x (100 pages a day). I've completed UW twice, and now just reading thru old tests daily, as well as completing Rx.
Planning to do another 2 assessments (UWSA2 and another NBME). The last NBME I look last week was 234.
Just don't want to burn out...yet keep the information fresh.

Any tips from your experiences? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I would suggest you only read through FA one more time. Trying to read through that much a day and do other stuff before the exam in 2 weeks will burn you out. I would take my time and get through it slow and let it gel in. Then, do some questions and NBMEs. Rest one day each week. No need to burn yourself out.

Just chill...........there is nothing more you can do now.
Just go through the pure memorization stuff from FA?Notes.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would go over only the HY sections in FA, micro, pharm, etc. Also, what I did 2 days before is a speed read through Goljan RR looking at some of the blue boxes and images, as well as Goljan's HY notes. The last 4 days I studied no more than 3-4 hours per day. Take some time to relax.

Same boat as you, OP. I've only done FA once, over 3 weeks, 6 months ago. I've just run through the Qbanks and now am doing FA 2x.