advice about when to start pt school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

texascaroline

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Right now I am 22. I have a bachelors but am going back to get some prereqs (I should say most of my prereqs)

So if you take the 2 semesters of Bio, 2 of Chem, 2 of Physics, 2 of A&P, 2 psych classes, and medical terminology you get 11 classes (not counting some oddball courses that some schools require)

I've taken 2 (bio I and a psych). This summer I am taking Physics I & II. So I will have finished 4 of the 11 'generally required' prereqs courses when it comes to apply in september. I have a plan to finish these remaining 7 by the time I start school but how will this affect me getting in this go-around?

other stats: 1260 GRE, 3.7 GPA (non prereq), I will only have about 80 volunteer hours at the time I apply.

I am trying to decide on whether or not I push myself really hard this coming year and maybe get in or do I take a year, focus on classes and volunteering and then apply for the next round? advice?

Members don't see this ad.

I think your stats are pretty perfect. I got in to all of the schools I applied to with a 3.67, (3.5 prereq), 1220 GRE, and 75 volunteer hours. At the time of application I still had not completed 4 of my science pre-reqs (anatomy, physiology, physics II, and Chem II)

What are some schools that start in January (or are there any)?

Univ. of St. Augustine starts a new cohort every semester. I don't know of any other schools that do that. It seems all the State schools have Fall admissions only.