advice about when to call

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

faceplates

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If the chief from our school's plastic's department and other well known faculty have offered to make calls to people they know to back up my application to PRS am I better off having them call b4 I am offered an interview or after I interview at an institution?

Members don't see this ad.

If the chief from our school's plastic's department and other well known faculty have offered to make calls to people they know to back up my application to PRS am I better off having them call b4 I am offered an interview or after I interview at an institution?

Generally, the telephone call should come from your advocate/mentor/chief after you have completed interviews, but before the rank list deadline. The telephone call ideally serves to push your name up the rank list after you have been deemed a worthy enough candidate to interview and rank. In some cases a telephone call can make the difference in being ranked highly, and being "ranked to match".

I suppose though if there is a place that you are really interested in, and you do not get an interview, a telephone call could get you that interview. But in general the telephone calls are done toward the end of the process.