advice about PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tsedey

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI! I just registered for the first time and I need some advice. I am planning to take Organic Chem II and Statistics this coming fall because those are the classes I have left to complete my Pre-pharm courses. I am planning on taking the PCAT in January and I was wondering if being involved in the Kaplan test program classes is useful? I also want to know if any of you guys work at the pharmacy and how important is it to attend a pharmacy school?
My other question is while you guys are preparing for the PCAT do you work, attend school or anything like that or do you just dedicate your time just to study?
:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Tsedey said:
HI! I just registered for the first time and I need some advice. I am planning to take Organic Chem II and Statistics this coming fall because those are the classes I have left to complete my Pre-pharm courses. I am planning on taking the PCAT in January and I was wondering if being involved in the Kaplan test program classes is useful? I also want to know if any of you guys work at the pharmacy and how important is it to attend a pharmacy school?
My other question is while you guys are preparing for the PCAT do you work, attend school or anything like that or do you just dedicate your time just to study?
:confused:

You might want to consider taking the October 2005 PCAT. Schools with rolling admissions are essentially first come, first served -- the sooner you provide them with a complete application, the better. Taking the PCAT in October 2005 leaves you the option to REtake the test in January 2006 if necessary.
Besides, with the coursework you've already completed, you're about as prepared as you can be.

Many posters here feel that the Kaplan prep classes are a waste of money. See the posts by "All4MyDaughter" and others for more information on study materials and methodologies.

It IS important to work as a pharmacy tech. Just how important is a topic of discussion on these boards; however, the consensus seems to be that it certainly can't hurt!