Admitted With Conditions???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HHQOPTEDU

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone been admitted to optometry school pending final spring grades or has anyone known anyone who has been admitted pending that some future event happen? I thought I remember hearing someone mention it or is this just a myth? all my pre-reqs are done and they are all above C. any input would be appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

for instance, has pco ever gotten back to someone 3/4 of the way through the semester and asked how they were doing or has pco waited all the way till after may exams to decide? am i overstressing???

Don't stress, just sell yourself as much as you can and if they give you stipulations just make sure you meet them. Have you had your interview already? Our tour guide told us that PCO typically offers about 300 students and usually send out 260 acceptances, so if you had your interview and they are still holding off, you're probably in good shape! Just keep bugging them they'll give you honest answers on what you should do and it helps them to know how intrested you really are!

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't stress, just sell yourself as much as you can and if they give you stipulations just make sure you meet them. Have you had your interview already? Our tour guide told us that PCO typically offers about 300 students and usually send out 260 acceptances, so if you had your interview and they are still holding off, you're probably in good shape! Just keep bugging them they'll give you honest answers on what you should do and it helps them to know how intrested you really are!

DrRobs, thanks a lot for the input and your answers. i appreciate the knowledge and the time.. I'm so hopefull that my addendum and 3.1 mid semester GPA is enough...

sounds like you are in good shape! good luck, and definately keep bugging them until you know! hopefully I'll see you at PCO next year! :)

What happens if you can't satisfy the conditions?
i.e. getting low grades, or not finishing up the prereq?
Does your acceptance get cancelled .?

I would think it does, I would ask the school directly for sure though if there are any alternatives to keeping your seat if you cant meet a requirement they ask of you

I know IU has conditional acceptances, but you are okay as long as you get a C or above in all of the classes that you are currently enrolled in. Just make sure that before you do anything like withdraw from a class contact the school to make sure it is okay to do so and then you are good. Hope this helps!!